IQAC stands for Internal Quality Assurance Cell, which is a quality assurance mechanism in Indian higher education institutions. It is a mandatory requirement of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) for accreditation of higher education institutions in India.
The main purpose of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. It aims to ensure continuous improvement in the quality of education provided by the institution and to facilitate the institution in the attainment of academic excellence.
Vision of the IQAC
“To build and ensure a quality culture aimed at all-round excellence at the institutional level.”
Mission of the IQAC
“To channelize and systematize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.”
“To be the driving force for ushering in quality to remove deficiencies and enhance quality.”
Objectives of the IQAC
The following are the objectives of IQAC :
- To develop a quality assurance system for the institution and to ensure continuous improvement in its overall performance.
- To create an enabling environment for the pursuit of academic excellence and to facilitate the institution in the attainment of its vision and mission.
- To promote a culture of quality in the institution and to create awareness among all stakeholders about the importance of quality in higher education.
- To provide a platform for the participation of all stakeholders in the quality enhancement process and to involve them in decision-making related to quality-related aspects.
- To ensure the development and implementation of various quality-related policies and procedures in the institution.
- To establish benchmarks and standards for various academic and administrative activities of the institution and to monitor their implementation.
- To develop a mechanism for the collection and analysis of feedback from various stakeholders and to use this feedback for the improvement of the quality of education provided by the institution.
- To organize workshops, seminars, and training programs for faculty, staff, and students on various aspects of quality in higher education.
- To facilitate the integration of the various activities of the institution and institutionalize the best practices.
Functions of the IQAC
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and various stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- The IQAC acts as a nodal agency for coordinating quality-related activities in the institution and interfaces with NAAC and other accreditation bodies.
- The IQAC organizes workshops, seminars, and training programs for faculty, staff, and students on various aspects of quality in higher education.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the College, leading to quality improvement.
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining/enhancing the institutional quality.
- The IQAC is responsible for the development and implementation of various quality-related policies and procedures in the institution.