Photography Workshop by Lekha Lohia
February 10, 2018
The Alumni department of iLEAD organized a photography workshop for media students on Saturday, 10th February. The workshop was taken by alumni Lekha Lohia, an M.Sc in media from iLEAD and the ex photography head of iLEAD's Student Council. She has worked with Bollywood icons like Shahrukh khan, Siddharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif , Kajol Mukherjee, Anushka Sharma, Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan and many others. The topics she discussed during the workshop included her own work and the requirements for success in the photography industry.
The areas which were discussed included:
* How to get the maximum from hot shoe mounted flash
* Doing portraits, headshots in studios or in location
* Basics of product photography
* Beauty and Fashion lighting demo
* Shooting on location family portraits
* Promotional event and marketing campaigns
* The keys to interact and connect with people
* Marketing strategies to get new clients for photographic assignments
* Conception about HDR and Photomatix
* Getting the most of the Lightroom
* Portrait retouching using Photoshop
Students also interacted on topics like inherent art of photography and science dynamics of photography. The workshop was focused on making the media students understand the subtle nuances of professional photography and make them capable of translating the glorious vision of nature and human beings into a beautiful image. A photography competition was organized too in which the students were asked to take pictures from their environment. The workshop concluded by making the students gain the practical concepts of photography, art of illumination, art of photography, candid photography and trends in lifestyle photography.